[winGRASS] problem starting grass

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sat Oct 9 20:31:24 EDT 2004

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Martin Perra wrote:
>
>> when I type "grass57" I get a popup titled "wish8.3.exe - unable to
>> locate
>> component"  The message says "This application failed to start because
>> cygwinb19.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this
>> problem"
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> Get a new TCL package, yours must be at least 5 years old.
>
> Gerrit

No, don't update Tcl/Tk, Grass requires a modified version of Tcl/Tk
found at:
   http://grass.itc.it/grass57/binary/mswindows_cygwin
download:
   xtcltk-8.3.4-CYGWIN.tar.gz
You can use Cygwin setup to un-install any existing Cygwin version of
Tcl/Tk, or you can use some other method to hide it. You can issue the
command 'which wish' to see which version Grass is finding, or 'which -a
wish' to see all versions of wish which are installed. (wish is a
component of Tcl/Tk).

I have no idea what's with the "cygwinb19.dll", I don't have one on my
system.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood