[winGRASS] NVIZ on cygwin

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:20:37 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I've upgraded to grass 5.7 and found that NVIZ won't work any more
even though I copied the pre-compiled NVWISH2.2 which is available at
the wingrass page. I compiled it with xtcltk, not cygwin version, but
it failed to run with segmentation fault.

I decided to rebuild whole tcltk from its sources and not to use
windows code but unix directory. With little modification, I succeeded
to compile both tcltk and NVIZ and so far, I don't have any problem.
Even better is that I can resize an NVIZ window without having to run
X in full mode (I couldn't do it with the pre-compiled NVWISH2.2).

Anyway, attachments are patch files for tcl/tk 8.4.7.

1. download tcl8.4.7-src.tar.gz and tk8.4.7-src.tar.gz
2. tar xvfz tcl8.4.7-src.tar.gz
    patch -p 0 < tcl8.4.7-cygwin.patch
    cd tcl8.4.7/unix
    ./configure