[winGRASS] NVIZ on Grass5.3 and 5.7 using binaries

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:47:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:00:52 +0800, Helmut Muenzing <hmc at sflu.com> wrote:

> Hello list
>

> Recently I installed GRASS 5.7 using the binaries offered at the site. But
> even though I used the tcltk provided by Huidae Cho I could not run NVIZ. I
> think the binaries are just a bit outdated and thus I shall wait until new
> binaries will be available. Any idea when that may happen?

Did you try NVWISH2.2.gz also at http://geni.ath.cx/nviz.html ?
Actually, I compiled these files with the latest CVS version, so it
can happen that you cannot run it in your environment; it may depend
on the pre-compiled 5.7 package. But I think it doesn't matter.

If you didn't install NVWISH2.2.gz, just try this:

gzip -d NVWISH2.2.gz
cp -f NVWISH2.2 /usr/local/grass-5.7/etc/nviz2.2

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Huidae Cho