[winGRASS] GUI trouble in WINGRASS

David Hollema dhollema at UnitedPower.com
Mon Jul 11 12:23:56 EDT 2005

I've installed cygwin, wingrass 6.0 etc and when I run grass60.bat, I the
data selection dialog does not open.  If I open a shell and run the batch
file,

"Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
environment variable

Cleaning up temporary files......

Starting GRASS ...

WARNING: It appears that the X Windows system is not active.  A graphical
based user interface is not supported.  Switching to text based interface
mode.  Hit RETURN to continue."

Cygwin/X Server is open in the system tray with 0 clients connected.  What
do I do?

David