AW: [winGRASS] Updated CygwinGRASS-0.2.1

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 2 04:53:47 EST 2005

How to create a CygwinGRASS-CD!!

I just took a clean M$ Windows Computer startet the X-Cygwin Installation
(incl. your GRASS repository) and choosed "download only" to produce a local
package repository. Afterwards I renamed the mirror-folders in the
repository-folder to "release". I created a folder grass60 in the release
folder and copied your grass packages into it). At last I modified the
setup.ini in the repositoryfolder (added the packages from your setup.ini
and modified the path - at last told the package "@ base-files" that it
requires "grass" to make sure grass is installed by default) - created a
CD-Image ready.

In short terms: the Default Installation includes all the Cygwin-Stuff that
is installed with a normal X-Cygwin installation and your packages (and all
the packages that are required by your packages). On the CD there are a lot
of more packages available (i.e. apache, gcc, openldap, tetex, ...) wich can
be added as usual.

Marco

P.S. if a single package is updated you only have to put the new version in
the releasefolder and change the md5sum in the setup.ini - its easier than
creating the whole local package repository again.