[winGRASS] GRASS_HTML_BROWSER

Scott bsshouse at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:59:39 EST 2005

I am having a problem viewing the help documents within grass60
(CygwinGRASS_CD-0.2.iso installation from Huidae Cho).  No matter what I set
the GRASS_HTML_BROWSER  variable to using g.gisenv, it still gives the same
error message (included below).  It could be that I just don't know what to
set the variable to.  I tried the full path to the executable files for the
browsers (mozilla firefox and netscape) and then just the names but with no
success. I also tried a couple of phrases I knew wouldn't work but still the
same message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Shouse

"Error: couldn't execute "knonqueror": no such file or directory"

couldn't execute "konqueror": no such file or directory

couldn't execute "konqueror": no such file or directory

    while executing

"exec $env(GRASS_HTML_BROWSER) $env(GISBASE)/docs/html/index.html & "

    invoked from within

".#menubar.#menubar#menu8 invoke active"

    ("uplevel" body line 1)

    invoked from within

"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"

    (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 47)

    invoked from within

"tk::MenuInvoke .#menubar.#menubar#menu8 1"

    (command bound to event)