[winGRASS] Navigating drives and directories

Tyler Mitchell tjm at timberline.ca
Fri Mar 18 18:43:33 EST 2005

Hi Larry,
Cygwin uses Unix style drive/directory structures.  If you need to refer
to a specific Windows drive letter you can do so two ways.  1) by going
to the /cygdrive/ folder off the root, where you'll see your drive
letters listed.  2) Or you use the drive letter with a slash after it
instead of the typical backslash (or do I have that mixed up?).

So either of these should work in Cygwin:
/cygdrive/d/shapedata
or
d:/shapedata

Hope that helps - welcome aboard and welcome to the new world of spatial
analysis, there is some exciting stuff going on with these great tools

Tyler