AW: [winGRASS] Slightly botched WinGRASS startup

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 30 02:47:22 EST 2005

Hi john,

please try the following. Start Cygwin and start an xterm (directly with the
shortcut on the desktop or by typing startx & at the cygwin prompt then
start grass from within the xterm-prompt with grass -tcltk to force grass to
use the gui. choose your spearfish dataset and user1 mapset and start the
displaymanager from within the gui. exit grass clean (exit gui, exit grass
on prompt, exit cygwin clean, ...) and try to start CygwinGrass again with
the grass.bat - it should work now (I hope)

Marco

Marco Lechner

office:
Department of Physical Geography