[winGRASS] access to help files GRASS 6.1.cvs

karl.sommer at dpi.vic.gov.au karl.sommer at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 15 16:47:41 EST 2006

Hello

I seem to be having a problem with loading the help files in GRASS 6.1.cvs.

When I run g.manual -i or -m I receive a message: ERROR: cannot find grass
document base.   When I just enter g.manual without a flag, the g.manual
input template is being displayed.  When I click the help button on that
template Internet Explorer loads with an error message: "cannot find
server".

On my machine the following address is displayed:
"http:///usr/local/grass6.1.cvs/docs/html/g.manual.html"

Actual html grass help files are located in:
"file:///C:/cygwin/usr/local/grass6.1.cvs/docs/html/g.manual.html"

My question is: How do I configure the correct path in grass such that it
is able to locate the help files?  Furthermore, how do I set Mozilla as my
browser of choice to load html files?

Your help would be appreciated

Karl