[winGRASS] grass not starting

Dilnesaw Alamirew dilnesaw at uni-bonn.de
Tue Oct 10 11:54:14 EDT 2006

Hello,

after starting GRASS I could define a DB by using the demolocation and
login PERMANENT but then I receive various error messages:

1) pop-up window:

error in startup script

can't read "parts(n)": no such variable while executing
"MapCanvas::zoom_new $mon $parts(n) $part(s) $parts(e) $parts(w)
$parts(nsres) $parts(ewres)"
(procedure "MapCanbas::zoom_greion" lin 11

line 40, line 11, line 69, line 30 mentioned. Unfortunately the error
message could not be copied.

2) shell:
STARTIN GRASS ....

Warning: Attention!
Warning: Look is not supported onWindows!

I have a GRASS shell but no GUI.

Second try:

If I define a new location/mapset I get syntax error after "short
description" promot - input not recognised, even though it is mainly
only y or n.

If I define a new location/mapset from a georeferenced file I get:
Application error: channel console 2 wasn't opened for writing.

any ideas how to solve these problems? Thanks for helping me with my
first GRASS experience.

regards

Dilnesaw