[winGRASS] Installation problem native win version

Jonathan Aguero jua130 at psu.edu
Fri Oct 13 08:57:26 EDT 2006

Dear listers,

I downloaded and installed the new native version of winGRASS yesterday. The
installation apparently was successful but when I tried to start GRASS after
I selected the location and mapset it flashed the following message:

Locking is not supported in Windows!

and close the window.

I did not install PG 8.1 since I have the 8.0 version and I wanted to save
the trouble so I modify the grass.bat the see at the 8.0 folder. Anyway the
problem seems more OS related than PG related. My OS is XP professional SP2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jonathan Aguero Valverde

Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate

Pennsylvania State University

The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute

201 Transportation Research Building

University Park, PA 16802

www.personal.psu.edu/jua130