[winGRASS] i.ortho.photo rms

Nestor Gutierrez nesgut41 at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 12 08:57:49 EDT 2006

Hi dear Grass colleagues!

I trying to rectify some aereal photographs, I have
follow several guides. Rectification has somehow work,
but the global rms ist higher of the pixel value (for
pixel= 4 m, rms ~13-20m; pixel=1m rms ~5-8 m), I did
thousands of proves but nothing change.

I read some related mail posted in the forum, but i am
not sure I they are updated. for example there were
some problems related to fcell or dcell? it is already
solve for grass6.1 cvs? (my current version). there
were also some others sugestions about tile size.

I have DEM's with several resolution with the same
unit as the x,y system, I have ground point taken with
diferential GPS. probably the problem is because
photos correspond to mountain area.

Do anyone have ideas how to manage with the high rms?

I Also trying to build a chronosecuense with photos
every ten years, do you now if is right to use one of
those aereal missions as a base to find ground control
points (register) and then rectify (taking into
account my rms)? Any suggestion?

Best regards

nestor