[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Installation problem

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Oct 26 04:55:38 EDT 2006

switched this to wingrass list...

Dilnesaw Alamirew wrote:
> 1) pop-up window:
>
> error in startup script
>
> can't read "parts(n)": no such variable while executing
> "MapCanvas::zoom_new $mon $parts(n) $part(s) $parts(e) $parts(w)
> $parts(nsres) $parts(ewres)" (procedure "MapCanbas::zoom_greion" lin
> 11

> line 40, line 11, line 69, line 30 mentioned. Unfortunately the error
>  message could not be copied.

This normally means that pg.dll cannot be found and that g.proj fails.
Is PostgreSQL correctly installed ? Is the path to it correctly defined
in grass.bat ?

Dilnesaw Alamirew wrote:
> 2) shell: STARTIN GRASS ....
>
> Warning: Attention! Warning: Look is not supported onWindows!
>
> I have a GRASS shell but no GUI.

Do you see any other error message ? The warnings have nothing to do
with this.

Dilnesaw Alamirew wrote:
> If I define a new location/mapset I get syntax error after "short
> description" promot - input not recognised, even though it is mainly
>  only y or n.
>
> If I define a new location/mapset from a georeferenced file I get:
> Application error: channel console 2 wasn't opened for writing.

Currently definition of new location from georeferenced file or from
projection values does not work in wingrass.

gotnidea! Business Development Centre wrote:
> The only problem is that I couldn't get any workable solution. I am
> working on spearfish data. I would love if any one could guide me to
> any tutorial on the same.

Which of the above problems do you have ? Please describe exactly what
you do and what error messages you see.

Moritz