No subject

Wed Nov 14 17:04:00 EST 2007

   /* We are free to run now.  No one is using our socket/FIFOs.
*/
    /* If we are to run in background, we will have foreground == 0 from
*/
    /* the syntax check above. */

    if (!foreground)
    {
#ifndef __NoX__
        if (pid = fork())
#else
	if (pid = 1)
#endif
        {
            if (pid > 0)        /* parent exits */
            {
                fprintf(stderr,"Graphics driver [%s] started\n", me);
#ifndef __NoX__
                exit(0);
#endif
            }

Messy, but it worked.  I used __NoX__ rather than __W98__ to seperate those
set of changes. I recommend following Glynn's much simpler solution.  I
believe that I was just being careful in case someone added additional uses
for the foreground and pid variables in later versions of the code.

The other major change was in XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Graph_Set.c

    /* Open the display using the $DISPLAY environment variable to
     * locate the X server. Return 0 if cannot open. */
#ifndef __NoX__
    if (!(dpy = XOpenDisplay(NULL))) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Graph_Set: can't open Display %s\n",
XDisplayName(NULL));
#else
    if (!(dpy = XOpenDisplay(""))) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Graph_Set: can't open Display \n");
#endif
        return -1;
    }

This fixes the Null String vs NULL difference that I mentioned earlier.

As I think I identified in April or May, I was successful in getting the
Vector display commands to work, but did not get Raster working.  I haven't
had time to go back to this.

Mike:  Add the defines in my earlier message to xlib.h or some other header,
and you should be able to get vector graphics to work.  There are still a
couple of X function calls that I had excluded (using #ifndef) dealing with
the color map (wonder why the Raster graphics didn't work?), plus the
XNoOp(dpy) in Work.c  (you probably already found that one).

Good Luck,

Malcolm