[winGRASS] native winGRASS pre-alpha testers needed

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Sep 5 04:18:38 EDT 2007

On 04/09/07 14:21, Ted Nebitko wrote:
> Is there an index of those modules that are working and those that
> require further testing?

There is no such systematic index. What we know not to work at this stage:

- some modules dealing with attributes of vector data (confirmed for
v.out.ogr, but others are affected): these work intermittently, but
often cause deadlocks. We are currently busy trying to hunt down this bug.

- all d.* commands from the command line: there are no x-monitors in
windows so none of these commands will work. All display has to happen
within the GIS Manager gui.

- d.vect.thematic: this is a script which cannot easily be ported to
windows as it uses d.mon commands.

- There might be other scripts that don't work.

The rest potentially works, but still needs extensive testing since
whether a module works or not might depend on the parameters used.

Moritz