[GRASS-windows] WinGRASS cvs snapshot compilation

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Feb 5 09:03:03 EST 2008

ines_cherif wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the GRASS cvs snapshot on windows.
> Below is the output from compilation.
> It seems there is a problem with flex while I have installed GnuWin32 flex and bison.
> Any idea what is going wrong?

> checking for flex... lex
> checking for yywrap in -ll... no
> checking for lex... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate lex.

The config.log file records each command which is run, along with any
error messages which they produce. Look at the part starting with the
"checking for flex" message for clues.

The most obvious thing to check is that the directory containing flex
is in %PATH%. Does typing "flex" at the command line work?