[GRASS-windows] msys grass63 and wingrass

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 9 15:12:15 EST 2008

I can't help you with the python, but I run grass from within an msys window
by doing the following

1. launch msys

2. in the window that opens, type "cd /c/grassxxx/bin" . Replace grassxxx
with whatever your grass directory is called.

3. type "grass63". This should run the grass63 (that's the version I'm
using) of wingrass, launch a gui, and leave the msys window open.

Within the msys window you can now type grass commands, or you can put them
into a text file and execute the resulting file. Or use most bash type
commands as well.

Regards,

Jerry

  _____