[GRASS-windows] launching bash script

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jan 22 06:22:56 EST 2008

On 22/01/08 11:48, Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:
> Hi!
> I have installing wingrass on Windows XP following:
> http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wingrass/README
>
> I have installed msys...and configured it in grass.bat
>
> I have to work with v.coordinate script...how can I lauch it as a bash
> script?

I imagine the script attached to this mail:
http://www.mail-archive.com/grass-italia@listserv.unipr.it/msg00440.html

Before answering your question: my Italian is not good enough to really
understand what this script does, but I having the feeling it reproduces
what the "georectify" tool does when you decide to rectify a vector. So
maybe you can just use that.

Probably the easiest way to launch a bash script with native wingrass is
to launch grass from within the msys shell:

1) Open msys shell
2) type /c/grass/bin/grass (not grass.bat ! - adapt path to your situation)
3) launch gis.m

Or, if your grass.bat is correctly configured (path to sh.exe set and
path to msys/bin and msys/lib set) you can do it from within a cmd.exe
window:

1) Open cmd.exe
2) Launch grass in text mode: c:\grass\bin\grass.bat -text
3) Launch the script from the command line

Or, if the script is in your PATH:

1) Launch grass in gui mode
2) type script name in console part of the Output window

However, v.coordinate will not work in windows since it uses x-monitors.
These are not supported in wingrass. So, I guess you really should try
with the georectify tool (in the File menu).

Moritz