R: [GRASS-windows] elevation data error?

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Mon Jun 9 04:36:16 EDT 2008

Hi Simon,

did you set the z-exag parameter?
Since lat/long data are in decimal degrees while elevation is in meters, you must set the correct value for the z-exag parameter.
The transformation from decimal degrees to meters is not univocal, because it depends on the geographic zone you're working on, but we can assume a generic (mean)transformation value and set the z-exag as follows:

in the z-exag field type 8.9606e-6 and then enter

I hope this helps,

Marco