[GRASS-windows] switching to GRASS, 6.2.3 or GRASS 6.3.0?

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 02:55:59 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

> 1. Below are the contents of the file. now that I have found it should
> I delete it?

No. Move it to C:\GRASS\msys\home\"YOURUSERNAME"
The content of the file is OK. The problem may rely into the .grassrc6 file,
I suppose.

> 2. my account contains spaces in the path name C:\Documents and
> Settings\"MYNAME"

OK. But your username is "Michael" or "Michael Denslow"? (I suppose the
latter, because of the strange warning you detected)
This is what your .grassrc6 file should contain, just after the installation
of GRASS:

GISDBASE: C:/Documents and Settings/Michael Denslow/Documents/GIS DataBase
LOCATION_NAME: demolocation
MAPSET: PERMANENT
GRASS_GUI: tcltk

Regards,