[GRASS-windows] switching to GRASS, 6.2.3 or GRASS 6.3.0?

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:42:01 EDT 2008

Hi Marco,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Marco Pasetti <marcopstt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> 1. Below are the contents of the file. now that I have found it should
>> I delete it?
>
> No. Move it to C:\GRASS\msys\home\"YOURUSERNAME"
> The content of the file is OK. The problem may rely into the .grassrc6 file,
> I suppose.
>
>> 2. my account contains spaces in the path name C:\Documents and
>> Settings\"MYNAME"
>
> OK. But your username is "Michael" or "Michael Denslow"? (I suppose the
> latter, because of the strange warning you detected)

the path name is actually:
C:/Documents and Settings/Katz&Denslow
I think this is what you mean by username.

> This is what your .grassrc6 file should contain, just after the installation
> of GRASS:

Where is this file located? Didn't I delete it previously?
Also the GIS DataBase folder is located in the following path
C:\Documents and Settings\Katz&Denslow\My Documents\GIS DataBase

> GISDBASE: C:/Documents and Settings/Michael Denslow/Documents/GIS DataBase
> LOCATION_NAME: demolocation
> MAPSET: PERMANENT
> GRASS_GUI: tcltk
>
> Regards,
>
> Marco

Is this a lost cause should I try to install GRASS 6.2.3?

Michael