[GRASS-windows] r.report, r.patch

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 27 15:16:09 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Michael Denslow
<michael.denslow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Michael D. <michael.denslow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello GRASS users, I seem to be having the same problem with r.report as
>>> mentioned below. I am using Windows XP.

>>> I get the following error when I type the command
>>> r.report -h towns units=h
>>> into the command line (this is an example from page 101 of the Neteler and
>>> Mitasova book)
>>>
>>> Sorry <and> is not a valid option
>>> Sorry <Setting/md/My> is not a valid option
>>> and so on...
>> Yes, it should be as simple as that (no white spaces in the path).
>> Please continue to report so that we can try to fix them.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion, this fixed the problem. Both functions work
> as expected now. Should I report this in a more formal way?

I recently fixed a series of vector commands for white space
problems (which I could reproduce on Linux) but I don't
manage to reproduce the r.report problem.

GRASS 6.4.svn (nc_spm_07):~/grass data > r.report -h towns units=h
 100%
|                      Category Information                        |          |
|#|description                                                     |  hectares|

Note "grass data" above. It must be really XP/Vista specific.
Please check if there is a similar report already in trac, otherwise
I suggest to open a new report:

 http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/

Markus