[GRASS-windows] Re: r.sim.water

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Fri Sep 12 13:20:14 EDT 2008

Hi all,

>> Stefan - you can try r.hydro.casc2d, it was recently updated and it is
>> in add-ons, it may soon get back into the main GRASS so it would be nice
>> if somebody could run it,
>
> the trick is that it needs to be compiled on Windows with MingW...

I was going to reply on that. I would like to do the job for you, but I'm
afraid, I'm very busy now.
On late November I'll (should) start my PhD, so I'll have more time to do
some GRASS works I already planned, including the addons builds and related
installer.
This said, you have two options:
1) wait for late November;
2) build the addon, following the instructions written into the "Develop
your own GRASS modules on MS-Windows" document, available at
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/BuildingOnWindows (I'm updating it right
now for the purpose).

I'm really afraid to cannot give you much help, but that's all I can do for
now :-(

Regards,

Marco