[GRASS-windows] r.report, r.patch

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Sep 30 09:42:11 EDT 2008

I have few issues from our class that I would like to ask about winGRASS

1. r.report does not work for two students (one has VISTA one has XP)
it does not print anything - it works for me
and others - has anybody had a similar problem?

2. r.patch does not work for one student on VISTA-
it is exactly the same problem reported as bug #118 but
according to bug tracker it was fixed and closed
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/118
The command works for me and others on XP. Is there anybody else
who still has this problem? Michael did your students get it working?

3. copy and paste to cmd section of output window makes it copy it twice
- shift insert works- I have this problem too - is this a feature?

4. first one or two letters in output are sometimes skipped  - e.g. min
is n for r.univar and there are some others. Not a big deal but it is
somewhat confusing

5. r.in.xyz would import into a different LOCATION  if two are opened
at once
I did not check this one.

6. When using GUI - what is the simplest way to draw a legend next to
the
image? When using d.mon I just stretch the window to create some
white space
and draw the legend there - fast and simple. When I try to do that
using GUI
the legend is always written into the image. Am I missing something?

7. I am working on removing the sites related stuff
fom simwe so that we can get it back
but it is more work than I have expected, hopefully I will get it
done for
the next release.

Everything else has been working so far - thanks a lot,

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth