[GRASS-windows] importing ESRI grids

Jim Bouldin jrbouldin at ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 20 11:09:36 EDT 2009

I'm surprised that GRASS (I'm using the GUI version of 6.3 under Windows)
doesn't allow for the important of ESRI GRIDS.  I see that it allows import
if they are in ascii format, or binary format but apparently not in their
native ESRI format (i.e. similar to Arc Info coverages, having two folders,
one named after the grid name, the other an INFO folder).  I assume this is
because that format is proprietary and GDAL cannot handle it.  Or am I
missing something? I have a whole bunch of grids that I cannot convert to
ascii or binary. Thanks for any help.

Jim Bouldin