[GRASS-windows] GRASS 6.4.0 RC3 wxpython : command ... not yet implemented (d.barscale etc)

Vladimir Goncharov vgon at mobilae.ru
Mon Feb 23 02:25:13 EST 2009

Hello,

Sorry for silly question, but before I used to explore the GRASS  in
94-98 on X Window (Linux)  computer only. Now
I'm reading GRASS Book (3rd edition) and trying to run its examples on
Windows version. Unfortunately, I've discovered
 that some commands doesn't work while be started from command line.
For example, it is d.barscale command:
when I run
   d.barscale at=0,0
then pop-up window raises with the text
  (I) Command d.barscale not yet implemented'.
Of course, it is not true , because I can draw scale using menu item
'Add overlay'->'Add scalebar and north arrow' in display window.
Did  I miss something and some commands run only from menu in wxWindows
version?  Is there any list of such  commands?
Other commands, like d.his work perfectly (  BTW,does anybody know is
there menu item for this command? I can't find it:))

Sincerely yours,
VladimirGoncharov