[GRASS-windows] GRASS 6.4.0 RC3 wxpython : command ... not yet implemented (d.barscale etc)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 23 11:41:33 EST 2009

On 23/02/09 08:25, Vladimir Goncharov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for silly question, but before I used to explore the GRASS  in
> 94-98 on X Window (Linux)  computer only. Now
> I'm reading GRASS Book (3rd edition) and trying to run its examples on
> Windows version.

Which version ?

> Unfortunately, I've discovered
>  that some commands doesn't work while be started from command line.
> For example, it is d.barscale command:
> when I run
>    d.barscale at=0,0

(From) Where do you 'run' it ?

> then pop-up window raises with the text
>   (I) Command d.barscale not yet implemented'.
> Of course, it is not true , because I can draw scale using menu item
> 'Add overlay'->'Add scalebar and north arrow' in display window.

In this case d.barscale is called from within the GUI. But, yes, the
message is not entirely correct.

> Did  I miss something and some commands run only from menu in wxWindows
> version?  Is there any list of such  commands?

If you want to display something in the GUI Display window, then you
have to go through the GUI to do so, you cannot type d.* commands at the
Cmd> prompt of the GUI.

You can use d.* commands on the command line when you use direct
rendering [1].

> Other commands, like d.his work perfectly

Where and how does it work perfectly ?

(  BTW,does anybody know is
> there menu item for this command? I can't find it:))

It is not in the main menus, but in the 'Add raster layer' button menu.

Moritz