[GRASS-windows] GRASS 6.4.0 RC3 wxpython : command ... not yet implemented (d.barscale etc)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 23 19:48:19 EST 2009

Vladimir Goncharov wrote:

> >> when I run
> >>    d.barscale at=0,0
> >
> > (From) Where do you 'run' it ?
>
> Sorry, I don't know can I attach screenshots here? Anyway, the window is
> called 'GRASS GIS Layer Manager (Experimental Prototype)'.
> I entered commands in bottom line  marker 'Cmd>'

AFAIK, d.* commands aren't supposed to work there.

If you want the output from an arbitrary d.* command to be displayed
in the map window, create a command layer.

> Again, I'm reading GRASS book and trying to run commands found in the
> text ( 3rd chapter in this case). It seems that
> I have to use stable version but not bleeding-edge one.

The book assumes the use of the legacy XDRIVER for graphics rather
than the GUI. However, XDRIVER isn't available in the native Windows
version (and it has been removed altogether in 7.0). It is available
in the Cygwin version (but I don't think that there are Cygwin
binaries for the 6.4.0 release candidates).

Most of the the commands used in the book should work, but the way
that you use d.* commands is different when using the GUI.