[GRASS-windows] r.in.ascii

cheluna cheluna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:58:42 EDT 2009

Hello to everyone!
I have a question. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. I'm
trying to import an ASCII file into WinGrass (using Phyton interface). The
file was created with ArcInfo. The file is a 5.3 MB *asc file. But it is
taking ages in importing it and after 21 hours, I gave in. Is that possible?
Can it take that long? Or did I do something wrong?
I'm using Windows Xp Sp3 on a Dell XPS M1210. I have installed Grass using
OsGeo4W. Anyone has a clue?
Thanks!
Consuelo