[GRASS-windows] GRASS add-ons for Windows users

Olivier Vannier olivier.vannier at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Apr 19 05:05:28 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks Markus and Antonio for your answers.

I finally succeeded in installing the r.stream.basins addon I needed.

 I followed, step-by-step, the advices on how to install and configure
MinGW in order to compile Grass-6.4 on my windows system (described here
: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows). Then the problem I
had is that some libraries needed by the addon where missing in my
own-compiled Grass 6.4 /lib/ folder. The solution I found was to copy
and paste theses libraries (libgrass_gis, libgrass_vect, libgrass_dig2,
libgrass_dbmibase, libgrass_dbmiclient) from the /extralib/ folder of
another precompiled winGRASS 6.4 I had on my machine. Not so clean, but
it works, and that's the main thing !

Thanks again to all the development team.

Olivier