[GRASS-windows] Error while adding scale and legend in GRASS6.4

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Tue Jan 19 07:02:58 EST 2010

I've sent a similar message to Grass-user but, I think this might be a
GRASS_windows error.
I'm using native WinGRASS 6.4
My region is defined as:
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      83:00:10N
south:      34N
west:       11:00:10W
east:       41:00:00.000002E
nsres:      0:00:10
ewres:      0:00:10
rows:       17641
cols:       18721
cells:      330257161

As Hamish has explained me, I'm not able to add a scale bar due to the
fact that this is a Lat/Lon Projection.
Never the less I can add only north Arrow if I choose "add only north
arrow" in d.barscale>Optional.
But If I try to add Scale, I get a Error Window with:
*"Failure executing 'd.barscale.exe at=0,5 --q'

Details: Error: d.barscale.exe does not work with a latitude-longitude*

And the following is printed in command output:
*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn\etc\wxpython\gu
i_modules\gdialogs.py", line 416, in OnOK

# close dialog
  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\mapdisp.py", line
785, in UpdateMap

for img in self.GetOverlay():
  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\mapdisp.py", line
647, in GetOverlay

if os.path.isfile(overlay.mapfile) and
os.path.getsize(overlay.mapfile):
  File "C:\GRASS6\Python25\lib\ntpath.py", line 283, in
isfile

st = os.stat(path)
TypeError
:
coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

*Then everytime I press  display map or Zoom In/Zoom Out I get the same
Window-Error and text in the command window.

My question is: is this an expected error/situation?
Thanks

Antonio

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4785 (20100119) __________

http://www.eset.com