[GRASS-windows] GUI with python scripts

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 22 00:09:05 EST 2010

Ned Horning wrote:

> Hi - I am starting to write some python scripts for GRASS and when I run
> them in Linux they display a GUI but when I run the same script in
> Windows (6.4.SVN-r40585) I get the output that I get on Linux using the
> --help flag.

Can you check to see if there is an error message before the help
text? If there is a problem with any of the arguments, the parser
prints an error message followed by the --help text.

>  I'm using GRASS 6.4.SVN with MSYS and running the python
> script from the M sh terminal window.

Can you post the output from "g.gisenv"?

> How do I run python scripts in the Windows version of GRASS so that they
> display a GUI?

It should happen automatically if a command requires arguments but you
don't provide any, or if you use the --ui switch.