[GRASS-windows] GUI with python scripts

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Fri Jan 29 14:41:53 EST 2010

Hi -

I tried the most recent daily build for Window
(WinGRASS-6.4.SVN-r-40722-1-Setup.exe) and it appears as if something
has changed since I get a different error when running a Python script.
I still can not get a GUI to appear but when I run my test script using
the --ui flag I get the following error. Can anyone tell if this looks
like another bug or a user problem.
--
GRASS 6.4> python
F:\\AMNH\\WHRC_CarbonProject\\R_Project\\PercentCoverTutorial\\junk.py --ui
GRASS 6.4> Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "c:/Program
Files/GRASS-64-SVN/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py", line 1942, in
<module>
     GrassGUIApp( grassTask( sys.argv[1] ) ).MainLoop()
   File "c:/Program
Files/GRASS-64-SVN/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py", line 334, in
__init__
     xml.sax.parseString( getInterfaceDescription( grassModule ) ,
processTask( self ) )
   File "c:/Program
Files/GRASS-64-SVN/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py", line 1759, in
getInterfaceDescription
     raise IOError, _("Unable to fetch interface description for command
'%s'.") % cmd
IOError: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'junk.py'.
--

All the best,

Ned