[GRASS-windows] Command line problems

Hanlie Pretorius hanlie.pretorius at gmail.com
Tue May 18 06:06:22 EDT 2010

I seem to have msys installed with my GRASS installation, but it doesn't work.

When I try to run GRASS with MSYS from the menu, it can't find
rxvt.exe or sh.exe.

I found sh.exe in the msys\bin folder of my GRASS installation and I
can run it from there, but I can't use it for anything. If I run the
shell and enter:

eval `cat VTL2733.XYZ | r.in.xyz -s -g in=- fs=space out=test`

I get the error messages:

cat: command not found
r.in.xyz: command not found

Might my installation be incorrect? My system is somewhat strange in
that it is installed on F:, not C:. There is no C-drive, except when I
attach removable drives.