[GRASS-windows] [GRASS-user] Problem Script: "from collections import deque"

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Feb 22 15:56:40 EST 2011

On 22/02/2011 01:45, Glynn Clements wrote:
[...]
> However, this particular issue isn't a programming issue, but a
> packaging issue. If you want to use Python for scripting GRASS on
> Windows, the best solution is to delete the bundled version of Python
> 2.5 from the GRASS installation, install Python and the required
> add-ons (wxPython, NumPy, PyWin32) from their official installers,
> then edit the GRASS start-up script to remove any references to the
> bundled version.

One year ago or so Colin sent me an adapted nsis-wingrass-installer-script with a first
attempt to use a www.python.org-installation instead of a bundled osgeo4w-python.

I hope that I can find this script, so I can make this available for further development.
maybe this would be a good starting point for the GRASS-hackfest in Prague in May 2011.

best regards
Helmut

p.s. BTW I have a lot of different python-version on my WinVista-laptop bundled with Inkscape, ArcGIS10, OpenOffice, etc. ... so I'm often surprised
that all this python-installations are working ...

Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar