[GRASS-windows] Zonal Statistics - min

rasmus borgstrøm rb at gras.ku.dk
Thu Mar 10 04:42:39 EST 2011

Hi

I want to calculate the minimum value of a floating point MODIS image
(MODISraster) based on defined area of interest (DOSraster) and store this
value in a new raster. This can be done by using Zonal Statistics in ArcGIS,
but how is it done in GRASS?

I tried this one out:
r.statistics base=DOSraster cover=MODISraster out=minstats method=min
r.category minstats
r.mapcalc "field=@minstats"
r.univar field

The processing looks fine, but I end my with all 0's (also tried with max,
average etc.; same results)

Can anyone help me out on this rather simple calculation?

I have uploaded MODISraster and DOSraster file if anyone wants to test...
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6157065/MOD02QKM.A2009033.0320_UTM48N_EV_250_RefSB_b0.tif
MOD02QKM.A2009033.0320_UTM48N_EV_250_RefSB_b0.tif  &
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6157065/dosraster.tif
dosraster.tif

Cheers, Rasmus