[GRASS-windows] some problem in setting GRASS64 for cygwin

Angelo Paone angelo.paone1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:52:21 PST 2013

Dear Grass windows mailing list,

I have installed grass64 through cygwin, I am just to make all work, and I
got a little problem:

In web page:  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/,
where there are the instraction how to install GRASS64 and run with startw
through cygwin bash shell, to finish it, I have to make a shortcut from
cygwin_grass.bat to the Desktop.

Download the GRASS
icon<http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/grass6/lib/init/grass.ico?rev=HEAD>and
select it by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut and in
"Preferences" click on Change Icon and Browse. But on "Download the Grass
icon" does not work, can you tell me some alternative way to do it??

I wish to hear from you

Best wishes

Angelo

Angelo Paone