[Gvsig_italian] R: [Gvsig_usuarios] worries about the gvSIG-community

Sgambati Alessandro alessandro.sgambati a regione.fvg.it
Ven 17 Maggio 2013 02:04:46 PDT

Caro Giuliano
io invece trovo che avere programma e lista di appoggio nella propria lingua facilita molto l'utilizzo di un determinato software.
Personalmente mi trovavo molto bene con gvSIG in italiano, con la lista in italiano e con quella in spagnolo.

Attualmente ho lasciato gvSIG e lavoro quasi esclusivamente con QGIS e SAGA GIS e devo dire che avere liste di discussione in inglese (a parte quella di GFOSS) ostacola moltissimo la mia partecipazione alle discussioni ed i miei possibili contributi.

Naturalmente questa č solo la mia opinione.

Cari saluti

Alessandro

________________________________
Da: gvsig_italian-bounces a lists.gvsig.org [mailto:gvsig_italian-bounces a lists.gvsig.org] Per conto di Giuliano RAMAT
Inviato: giovedě 16 maggio 2013 16.49
A: gvsig_usuarios a listserv.gva.es
Cc: gvsig italia; Users and Developers mailing list
Oggetto: Re: [Gvsig_italian] [Gvsig_usuarios] worries about the gvSIG-community

Il 16/05/2013 12.51, Wolfgang Qual ha scritto:
Dear gvSIG developers and -users,

(I know I should post here in Spanish...)
I guess you are aware of the fact that there are hardly any posts on the english-spoken mailing list of gvSIG [1]. Unfortunately, questions remain open here and it looks as if there is no activity at all. I have to say that this makes me a bit worried, since _that list_ provided so much help in the past. If I would not be aware of this Spanish list, I would say: bad sign! No activity in the project?
But this is not the case, there are lots of posts on the spanish-speaking list (and I am glad to see this). However, I would be happy, if the project (and project leaders) would make more use of the international mailing list in english language. Or should we post our questions here instead? I guess not.

All the best,[:-)]
Wolfgang

[1] http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/

Dear Wolfgang,
I totally agree with your point of view and I would like to suggest to you and to other local communities coordinators (not Spanish speaking) if it would not be a good idea to merge all the smaller communities into the English one.
I think, at least for Italy, that most of the persons using GIS software are able as well to submit a technical question in English and I do not think that worldwide colleagues are not going to answer because the question has not  been submitted in perfect English  :-)

In the prospective of "globalisation" I think that fragmenting human and technical resources is not a winning strategy.
The internationalisation of the gvSIG community could also lead to a big and regular international gvSIG conference in English (in addition to the Valencia one) instead of local ones (Italian, German, Russian, French....) that can be as well very attractive from the scientific point of view.

Supporting in these days the gvSIG blog staff to translate the posts, I have decided not to translate them in Italian but only in English, right to enhance my behaviour of spreading worldwide gvSIG through the most common shared language.

I really hope to receive feedback and criticism but all of them oriented towards an improvement and a common growth of the gvSIG community.

All the best to you and to all the gvSIG friends,
Giuliano.

--
[cid:733235408 a 17052013-035B]
AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il messaggio per errore, siete pregati di non trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo a nessuno. In tal caso vi invitiamo a cancellare il messaggio ed i suoi allegati. Grazie. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete this message and its attachments. Thank you.