[gvSIG_Italian] First gvSIG 2.5 build for testing is already available

gvSIG News press a gvsig.com
Mer 7 Nov 2018 00:32:47 PST

The *first ‘build’ of the next gvSIG Desktop version for testing is
already available*. You can download it from the ‘Development versions
downloads
<http://www.gvsig.com/en/products/gvsig-desktop/development-versions-downloads>‘
section of the gvSIG Association website.

With this we encourage you to *help us to stabilize the next  gvSIG
Desktop 2.5*. Mainly we ask you for testing these ‘builds’ during this
error fixing phase and you tell us all the incidents that you find at
the mailing list <http://www.gvsig.com/en/community/mailing-lists>.

This first ‘build’ is available with installable distributions for
Windows and Linux, and from the first RC (Release Candidate) there will
be portable versions, including a distribution for Mac.

*gvSIG Desktop 2.5 has a lot of novelties*. Not all of them are included
at this build (for that it’s not a RC yet). Among the novelties of this
new version there are some of them that are remarkable, for example the
*report designer*, the option to work with virtual fields, field
importer, quick map exporter/generator, ring map,…

Besides it will integrate all the novelties that were published after
2.4 version. (black icons
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/08/02/gvsig-black-new-icon-and-information-set-to-customize-gvsig-desktop/>,
option to select and count duplicate values
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/07/03/new-plugins-to-select-and-count-duplicate-values-in-gvsig/>,
SIGPAC XML files loading, 3D vector layer into 2D layer conversor
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/06/05/new-geoprocess-to-convert-a-3d-vector-layer-into-a-2d-layer/>,
plugin to create forms for gvSIG Mobile
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/05/08/gvsig-desktop-plugin-to-create-forms-for-field-data-gathering-with-gvsig-mobile/>,
plugin to capture coordinates
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/04/24/new-plugin-available-to-capture-coordinates/>,
integration with gvSIG Mobile
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/03/20/plugin-for-gvsig-desktop-and-gvsig-mobile-integration-is-now-available/>,
Epanet
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/03/16/new-plugin-for-analysis-of-drinking-water-distribution-systems-in-gvsig-2-4/>,
The Horton Machine
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/03/15/the-horton-machine-new-geoprocesses-available-for-gvsig-2-4/>,
Statistics Viewer
<https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/03/01/new-plugin-for-gvsig-2-4-statistics-viewer/>,
v.4 support of Cadastre GML INSPIRE in Spain and update of several
plugins <https://blog.gvsig.org/2018/03/14/plugins-update-for-gvsig-2-4/>)

In the next weeks we will publish detailed information about the
novelties of this version.

We look forward to your collaboration! Time to test!