[Ica-osgeo-labs] OGC Schools at GitHub

DC - ARLETE APARECIDA CORREIA MENEGUETTE arletemeneguette at fct.unesp.br
Sat Aug 3 08:12:25 PDT 2013

Charlie & all friends

I would like to use GitHub in order to make available my tutorials on SPRING ( http://www.dpi.inpe.br/spring/english/index.html ).
At the moment the tutorials can be accessed at https://sites.google.com/site/arletemeneguettespring/

Arlete Meneguette

----- Mensagem original -----

De: "Charles Schweik" <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>
Para: "Maria Brovelli" <maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it>
Cc: ica-osgeo-labs at lists.osgeo.org
Enviadas: Sábado, 3 de Agosto de 2013 9:40:41
Assunto: Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] OGC Schools at GitHub

This is great, Luis. Thanks for your efforts.

1) I think what we should try and do net is try and test a GitHub implementation as a system for new derivative work management for ICA-OSGeo educational material. One idea might be to use the COST proposal as a test case?

2) I think for our group -- for people like me who have never used GitHub, we need a document or video that describes GitHub fundamentals. Can anyone familiar with the latest GitHub point us to something useful for all of us to review?

3) While I've got everyone's attention -- If you are preparing a new course or training related to open source geospatial right now or in the next 6 months, can you let us know what the topic is? What I'm trying to do with this question is identify whether there are potential opportunities for sharing educational material or possible new derivative situations.

Cheers
Charlie