[Ica-osgeo-labs] OSGEO Lab in Sri Lanka

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 06:07:52 PST 2013

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 06:33:58 +0100
Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Suchith,
>
> I am sitting now in Osaka (FOSS4G-JP) with Jeff and Venkat-sensei,
> and we are discussing about the possibility to open an OSGEO-Lab at
> the University of Moratuwa, Faculty of Architecture, Urban Planning,
> Sri Lanka.
>
> I am already teaching WebGIS and GIS Programming there for 2 years,
> all with OSGEO tools, and faculty is being also trained for teaching
> those courses. We are now developing research topics using both
> FOSS4G and OSHW like RaspberryPI+sensors for urban mapping.
>
> I already spoke informally with Anne in Prague this July about it,
> and now I am in official discussions with the Faculty /
> administration in Sri Lanka. All are supportive of the move.
>
> So, what is the next step, really?

Hello Yann, Aruna, list,

first, a warm welcome to the geospatial team at University of Moratuwa.

Aruna, Yann, make sure you are subscribed to this list for updates from
the Labs.

We'd like to get your lab listed on the table of labs. If you could,
create a login on the wiki
( http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives ) and edit the
table to add another row with your lab information. If you need help
with that, let me know.

Please also consider setting up a website on your end that lists all
current research, people, training info etc. that could be listed in the
table above.

> Cheers,
> Yann

Let me know if you have further questions,

Best regards
Anne Ghisla
--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla