[Ica-osgeo-labs] FW: Free and Open Source GIS course – Aug 4–8 @ Hunter College, NYC

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:36:44 PDT 2014

Hi Cameron, we aren't using it (right now), but it *has* been discussed.
Students will have access to their own virtual machine during the course,
so using the OSGeo-Live image is an option. Part of the course involves
installing some of the required apps, so we weren't sure if we wanted to go
with the pre-installed stuff on OSGeo-Live... having said that, I guess we
could work with a modified version. Any thoughts on this? Additionally, we
will be *telling* students about OSGeo-Live, and they will leave with that
as a resource.

Cheers,

Carson

Dr. Carson J. Q. Farmer