[Ica-osgeo-labs] International Map Year 2015 and FOSS4G Europe 2015 Como

Finn, Michael mfinn at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 24 07:14:59 PDT 2014

Yes, I agree with Maria. This effort stems from an ICA effort put it is
inclusive. More information, in addition  to
http://internationalmapyear.org, can
be found at http://icaci.org/working-groups/ (duplicated below).

Another point I would make is to work through your national committee to
the ICA or through your country's professional association (such as the
Cartography and Geographic Information Society in the US,
http://www.cartogis.org/.)

Mike Finn

P.S. I feel I am both a Neogeographer (neocartographer) and a
Paleogeographer (cartographer) can one be both?

Working Group on International Map Year <http://icaci.org/working-groups/#>

   - Create a text book on Cartography and Geographic Information for the
   general public;
   - Elaborate plans for national activities and establish national
   contacts;
   - Involve the ICA commissions in the work;
   - Find sponsors among the affiliate members;
   - Establish contacts with the UN and the sister organizations (through
   the ICA Executive Committee and the JBGIS);
   - Produce information that can be used at national Map Days;
   - Follow up and update the working plan at the ICC in Dresden 2013.

Website of the International Map Year <http://internationalmapyear.org/>
[image: Bengt Rystedt (Photo by Britt-Louise Malm)]*Chair:* *Bengt Rystedt*
Leif Erikssons Väg 4
SE-261 62 Glumslöv
Sweden
*phone:* +46-418-734 05
*mobile:* +46-70-607 3429
[image: Ferjan Ormeling]*Member:* *Ferjan Ormeling*
Cartography section
Faculty of Geographical Sciences
Utrecht University
PO Box 80115, 3508TC
The Netherlands
*fax:* +31 30 2540604
*e-mail:* f.ormeling at geog.uu.nl
personal website <http://cartography.geog.uu.nl/ormeling/index.html>
[image: David Fairbairn]*Member:* *David Fairbairn*
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Cassie Building
Newcastle University
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
England