[Ica-osgeo-labs] BOF in Portland: Some Ideas of certification

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 24 06:57:19 PDT 2014

I agree, but it will take a champion to push for this (add Board agenda
items, send Board emails, attend Board meeting to discuss it).  Where it
gets tricky/touchy is when private businesses want to be the 'certifier'
(believe me I have received many direct messages of this warning).  I'll
hold off my own opinions on this, but I am willing to discuss this with
the OSGeo Board if a champion drives this to the Board.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President, OSGeo