[Ica-osgeo-labs] Idea: GeoForAll Sprint

Elżbieta Wołoszyńska-Wiśniewska ela at gridw.pl
Tue Aug 25 23:23:25 PDT 2015

Thanks Jeff for sharing the link. We have some experience with this
model - tried to implement it in cooperation with school teachers and
teacher trainer (of course we didn't call it 'doc sprint' then ;-) It
worked great!

As the first step, taking school level of education into account (youth
aged 19 or less), we could organize a Sprint for teacher trainers (those
working directly with school teachers and playing the role of change
facilitators) to develop/modify materials which already exist and make
them more available/useful for others.

Nottingham sounds great (Suchith, any comments? :-) Also Nodebo in
Denmark is tempting ;-) - as far as I know Lene is putting her effort to
organize QGIS summer school in 2016 so these two events could be
combined. Or Bonn since we agreed in Como to organize a session
dedicated for FOSS4G educators there (will keep you updated).

Ela

Elżbieta Wołoszyńska-Wiśniewska
Head of Education Unit
Deputy Country Coordinator of GLOBE Program
eduGIS ICA-OsGeo Lab Coordinator

UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre
Sobieszynska 8, 00-764 Warsaw
phone.: +48 22 840 6664 ext. 116
fax: +48 22 851 6201
http://www.gridw.pl
_
_

*PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL*

**