[Ica-osgeo-labs] Defining criteria for REL membership

Phillip Davis pdavis at delmar.edu
Wed Jun 3 06:28:16 PDT 2015

+1 on the importance of a FOSS based curriculum similar to the Esri library. Tim Sutton of QGIS is currently defining their own certification process which will help drive the curriculum design. What we learned from the GTCM and Model Courses project with GeoTech in the US is that industry and professionals should provide the knowledge skills competencies that define the jobs and then build education material to match. Get the horse before the cart.