[Ica-osgeo-labs] CitySmart/SmartCity Road Map: 'The Challenge'

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 01:37:10 PDT 2015

Patrick, many thanks for the Road Map Challenge to take this forward.  "Open Cities - Guiding Principles" will be great basis for everyone interested to collaborate and build upon ideas specific to their use cases.  Seeing the expertise of the people who have expressed interest in working on this common theme, it is good momentum.

Let me thank all the presenters and participants for of our yesterday's meeting (both who were present in venue and online) and to Chris for chairing this session. It is really appropriate that we build stronger synergies with the work  being done by colleagues in Big Data theme for this. Thanks to Sven, Didier, Chris, Mark, Peter for their excellent presentation and sharing ideas.

Sven- your last slide on what should the two groups focus for synergies (technical, social,policy...) was thought provoking.  Pity we did not get time to discuss this . Let us discuss ideas on this over mail as this is key for thinking for future work ideas.

The session was recorded , so we will be able to send the url of the recording to others who were not able to attend also.

So thanks all and this meeting has been a good start to get our ideas together.The main problem i realised was we had only less than 30 minutes for the  Q& A and discussions, so it was not possible to get time for everyone to get opportunity to discuss thier ideas, so please use the email to inform your ideas/proposals, so we can move ideas forward.

Best wishes,

Suchith