[Incubator] Re: Monday Meeting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 3 11:17:14 EDT 2006

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Frank since there is an overlap with the geotools IRC meeting, I may ask
> you to drop
> by and answer questions from the module maintainers that are actually
> doing the work
> of the IP check.
>
> Frankly we are a little in the dark about what is needed in this
> respect, any chance
> of getting a checklist that couple be applied to each module?
>
> If this is covered somewhere already please let me know.

Jody,

Please feel free to ping me in #osgeo when the geotools meeting starts and
I'll join over there.  The Incubator has adopted:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Code_Provenance_Review

as our first draft procedure for copyright review.  It basically mandates
a "human" review of every source file, ensuring that there are appropriate
copyright headers in place in each file and that there are no apparent
copyright violation concerns.  A review document should be created for
submission to the Incubator before a project can complete incubation.

My effort at this for GDAL is at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GDAL_Provenance_Review

The effort for GDAL is still incomplete (none of the raster formats
have been reviewed) and there are a number of items that need to be
resolved before GDAL could be considered to have passed the review.