[Incubator] Project Status Template

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 5 12:16:58 EDT 2006

Frank, I don't have a strong opinion about this either way but I
think the committee/board needs to be able to justify the decision
one way or the other and I don't see a compelling argument (yet) to
believe that we should refuse project incubation on the basis that
they may not graduate.

I do believe that incubator projects need to be presented
differently.  The most expedient way to accomplish this would be to
have the project web site checked out under http://
incubator.osgeo.org/<projectname>.  When a project is accepted, the
web site can be moved to http://<projectname>.osgeo.org/ with very
little effort.

It may also be relatively simple to have an SVN/CVS location for
incubator projects that is separate from official projects.  I can't
imagine that it would be difficult to move an SVN tree when a project
becomes official.

It also should not be too difficult to offer an alternate download
site for incubator projects.

DanielB, could you chime in with some comments on my assumptions -
anything I can do myself I assume is easy :)

Sean, in joining late I seem to have missed how you and Frank differ
on incubation.  Could you summarize your differences?

Cheers

Paul