[Incubator] Meeting Reminder

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 10 11:37:07 EDT 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> Picking a time for a worldwide meeting is rough. 4am is a bit hard for
> the West coast folks (6am is also nasty for my time-shifted lifestyle).
> Remember these are developers and that later is usually better than
> earlier.
>
> We might have to start thinking in terms of two different meetings. One
> for the old world and one for the new? We should continue to meet in a
> single meeting until we iron out the incubation process. We should put a
> timeline on finalizing it  as soon as possible because we are  very
> close and we can always tune it as we go.

Folks,

I'm not sure how the mechanics of decision making would work in a two
meeting scenario.  Jody, perhaps you can comment from the GeoTools experience
with this?

If we do have a single meeting, I think it puts extra onus on those who can't
attend to express their thoughts by email.  I would add it puts an onus on
the committee not to make radical decisions without sufficient notice on
the agenda.

I would be happy to make myself available for an antipodal discussion
session before or after the formal meeting if that would be helpful.